Leisure Rules Inc.
Based in Markham, Canada
November 22, 2011
Apple App Store
DescriptionAliens versus Humans is an iOS port of the original X-Com: Enemy Unknown PC game from the early '90s. AvH incorporates turn based strategy tactical missions with world management and is a nostalgic blast from the past complete with retro graphics.
HistoryFlashback to the summer of 2010. The X-Com world was a barren wasteland filled with memories of days gone by. There was very little resembling X-Com for iOS devices so to fill this void Aliens versus Humans was born.
- Two games in one: Training Missions for those who enjoy the tactical missions and The Onslaught for those who want the extra challenge of world management.
- Randomly generated battle maps, day and night missions, destructible terrain, on-the-fly Line of Sight and 4 zoom levels.
- Customize your soldier's name and colours and watch thier stats improve as they gain experience on the battlefield.
- Save the game at any point, locally or to the cloud.
- Retro graphics to round out the nostalgic feeling.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Aliens versus Humans has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "AvH:Onslaught is like a tribute band for X-Com - it hits all of the same notes as the original: recruitable (and re-nameable) troops who learn as they gain experience, cagey aliens who see in the dark better than you do, bases that you build and staff, research that you direct, randomized combat maps - the whole lot."
- Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
- "In Onslaught players can expect the kind of portable X-COM experience they've always wanted. The Geoscape, 'pedia, recruitment, research, staffing, manufacturing, and base construction (with multiple bases) is all present and accounted for. It's practically perfect X-COM in all its immaculate and frustrating glory, only now you can play it whenever and wherever you want."
- Rob Rich, 148 Apps
- "Aliens versus Humans is an amazing iPad and iPhone tactical game, and since the addition of The Onslaught, a great real time strategy game."
- Ruben Berenguel, What's On iPhone
- "...this is the game X-Com fans have been waiting to put in their pockets for nearly two decades."
- Michael Burns, Invisible Gamer
About Leisure Rules Inc.
A husband and wife indie game studio in Markham, Ontario, Canada. We have developed a mobile platform for running real world scavenger hunt games where clues are released and participants need to solve a series of problems/quests/puzzles to advance. More recently we've entered the iOS gaming space and developed and published "Aliens versus Humans" and soon will be releasing "Aliens versus Humans: Missions" on iOS. We're actively prototyping other game ideas as well.
More information on Leisure Rules Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Aliens versus Humans Credits
Co-Founder, Lead Developer
Founder, Artist, Lead Tester